A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Something Special Magazine

Well it’s official, one of my paintings is going to be featured on the cover of Something Special Magazine! It is a painting of Hailey and I can’t disclose which one, you’ll have to check back soon to see it. “Something Special” is a Magazine that is both a hard copy publication and an online publication. It is a magazine that is dedicated to helping parents who are raising children with special needs by offering resources, giving helpful hints on therapies, vacations, food, just about anything that you can think of. This is a free publication and a well written and informative resource to have. They write featured articles on many topics such as learning differences, behavioral issues, personal care and many feel good and inspirational stories as well. The woman who interviewed me was such a sweetheart and a kind and understanding soul. It’s as if she knew me for a very long time. The magazine covers a wide spectrum of disorders. You can find articles on Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, Autism, Chromosome Disorders, Tourette’s Syndrome and Juvenile Diabetes just to name a few. I am not sure which I am more excited about, the fact that my painting is being featured on the cover of such a wonderful magazine, or the fact that Hailey is going to be featured on the cover of a magazine! As you all know, it is this grandmother’s opinion that Hailey is already the most beautiful girl in the world, I think her beautiful blue eyes should be on the cover of every magazine, because she is that beautiful and her contagious smile just happens to light up all of Boston Massachusetts. Our cover is the upcoming FAll issue, coming real soon. Do me a favor, in the interim, while we patiently wait for it to be published, show these great folks some love and support, head on over to their facebook page, and tell them that Janet from Painting for Hailey sent you! Can you guess which painting of Hailey they chose? Which one do you think is worthy of a cover? If you live in the Georgia area, this magazine is easy to find you can pick one up in Savannah, Pooler, Macon, Atlanta and Charleston.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Janet!!! You and Hailey BOTH deserve every break that comes your way! God Bless and keep up your good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Heading over to FB right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a special needs grandchild. I was wondering if you sell a poster of Hailey on her knees. Please email me at dkcolstrom@yahoo.com if you do. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete