A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hailey Crawled Yay!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood, a beautiful day in the neighborhood....Oh I'm sorry, was I singing? You bet I am so happy today, unlike yesterday when I was about to take Hailey for swimming and found out that it was closed because of Evacuation Day. I was very disappointed because swimming is a very important therapy for her and I really hate to miss it. Anyway, later that night Natalie informed me that Hailey had crawled on her hands in knees all the way from the living room into kitchen!!! Yeah Hailey! My only regret is that I wasn't there to see it. That's o.k I know that if she did it once, she will do it again especially if this means that she can crawl into the pantry and get her own cookie.
Soon after I got the news about Hailey my bossed called me, of course I was still beaming with excitement. I told him the good news and he said "that's because I was wearing the green ribbon" Obviously that is not the reason why Hailey had crawled but there is something to be said about the love and support that people can give to someone like Hailey, If we are all standing by her side cheering her on and encouraging her every step of the way (or in this case, crawl behind her....whatever it takes) what a tremendous force that would be. So I would like to thank all of my co-workers, family and friends who are sporting their green ribbons in support of Hailey and other children with Cerebral Palsy and remind everyone that Saturday is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day. If everyone tells just one person that they know Hailey and she is someone with C.P but she is "NOT INVISIBLE SHE IS BEAUTIFUL" I would really, really appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment