A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Hailey I Believe In You"


I believe in you.
Your impetuous determination tells me
that you will never give up.
You have so much to give,
and have given so much already.
I believe that you will stand tall.
We are beside you, and will always be.
There is no rush, so take it slow, one step at a time.
We are ready when you are.

Anyone who follows my blog knows that we do have a goal of bringing Hailey to Conductive Education. I am not even going to attempt to explain what that means exactly in this post. It is a bit confusing and complex to explain and that I will leave up to the experts. The next few blog posts will be dedicated to Conductive Education so that you can get a better understanding from families who have brought their children to CE as well as Conductors who have dedicated their lives to Conductive Upbringing. I hope you learn and comment as well as ask questions if you have them.
I have been corresponding and getting lots of great tips for Hailey from a Conductor who lives in Germany. Susie Mallett has given us lots of great ideas to help Hailey with her core strength and strengthening her neck, sitting independently and making suggestions so that we can begin to develop a conductive lifestyle. She is an inspiration and going to be doing a guest post here real soon. She has also recently written a book, I have taken these words off of the back cover.
I am a British conductor living and working in Germany, and I write the Conductor blog.
I write about conductive upbringing rather than “”Conductive Education”.
I write for myself, for young conductors, and for families with children who are together on the long, long road of following a conductive life style, or who are just embarking on one. I write too for disabled adults and their families. Maybe some of my postings will be useful to you.
You can find out more about this on Susie's blog http://www.susie-mallett.com/
Check back often for posts on Conductive Educating/Upbringing and if you are a parent who would like to share your personal experience in this series, please email me at harrold.janet@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Janet for mentioning me and my blogging.

    If anyone is reading the .com blog and wants to find out more you can find over six-hundred postings on my other blog: www.susie-mallett.org

    Susie

    ReplyDelete