A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Team Long Brothers "He aint heavy, he's my brother"

Written by: Janet Lee Harrold If you haven't yet seen these boys, then you are missing out on the true meaning of brotherly love. Their story is extremely touching and inspiring! The love they have for each other is obvious and is the driving force that makes them triathletes. Nine year old Conner and his 6 year old brother Cayden work as a team. Cayden is 6 years old and lives with Cerebral Palsy, this may inhibit him from walking and talking, but it doesn't stop him from competing thanks to his brother Cayden who decided to take matters into his own hands so that Cayden could participate in the outdoor activities, instead of watching on the side lines. The strength, courage and determination is amazing to watch as Conner runs, swims and bicycles while pulling and pushing his brother, and the smile on Cayden's face is pure joy! I'm not sure if these young boys know the impact that they are having on others, or if they realize that they are also raising awareness and educating others as they reshape the definition of winning. It doesn't matter to either of them if they win or lose, it matters to them that they cross the finish line together. I may be showing my age when I say I can't help but think their theme song should be the once popular Hollies version of "He Aint Heavy, He's My Brother" See if you agree as you read theses lyrics. Team Long Brothers may not have won the race, but they have definitely won the hearts of so many people across the world. The road is long with many a winding turn that leads us to who knows where who knows when but I'm strong strong enough to carry him he ain't heavy, he's my brother so on we go his welfare is of my concern no burden is he to bare we'll get there for I know he would not encumber me he ain't heavy, he's my brother if I'm laden at all i'm laden with sadness that everyone's heart isn't filled with the gladness f love for one another it's a long, long road from which there is no return while we're on the way to there why not share and the load doesn't weigh me down at all he ain't heavy, he's my brother he's my brother he ain't heavy, he's my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment