A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Monday, August 22, 2011

My children's book

Finally the price of my book has been reduced!

A couple of years ago, I wrote a children’s book for Hailey. Hailey loved to read and I loved reading to her. I never dreamed it would actually get published, but to my surprise it did! I was thrilled and beaming with excitement. But, the publisher was asking a ridiculous amount of money for this soft cover children’s book. The retail price on this book was $24.95 totally out of my control and way above industry standard. My discouragement led to anger and dismay and because I signed a 7 year contract, there wasn’t a single thing I could do about it. The few stores I showed it to loved it, but also thought the price was not justified. I decided it wasn’t worth the effort to try and get it out there. As long as I had one copy for Hailey, I was happy. So I discontinued my promotional efforts. Today I found out that the price has been reduced to $12.95 Yay! Now that is more like it. I only hope they keep this more affordable price.

For those of you who have not seen my book, but may want a sneak peak. This is what is said on the back cover.
Not your typical alphabet book, this beautifully illustrated book is filled with oil paintings and fun rhyming facts. Specific to the Boston Public Gardens, children of all ages as well as adults, will have fun reading this book while learning about nature.

A page from the book...

“Weeping Willow, such a dramatic tree,
at the edge of the water is where it should be.
With it’s branches hung low,
if you just take a look,
you might find me below it
curled up with a book.”


For those of you who already have my book, you probably don’t realize that a few of the illustrations actually tell a hidden story about some of my family. For example,
A few fun facts I bet you didn’t realize:

the illustration on the first page “A is for artist” is actually supposed to be me, standing in the Public Gardens painting. I love flowers, I work as a florist and I love to paint. Majority of the illustrations are floral related, and Hailey loves to smell flowers too.


also...the reason I put “V is for violin that the wandering minstrels play” is because my son (Hailey’s dad) was a music major and is passionate about music.


and last but not least... The “M is for magnolia” page has a young man sitting on a park bench reading The Boston Globe. That is because my husband is a pressman for The Boston Globe.

For those of you who don’t know my family, you would never realize these connotations. For those of you who do, it is easy to miss these hidden treasures that depict what my family is all about.
Thank you for reading. If you would like to purchase this book while the cost is reasonable you can go here

No comments:

Post a Comment