A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Thursday, September 15, 2011

"A Better Person"

A Better Person

If you close your eyes you'll never see,
just how much she means to me.

All I ask from this day on, is to stand beside her and cheer her on.

She'll bring you places that you've never been,
and show you love from deep within.

She'll melt your heart a little more each day,
until it seems her disability has faded away.

But it's still there, i'll tell no lies.
It sometimes appears, to be in disguise.

You no longer see through rose colored glasses.
As this vision you once had, slowly passes.

The child you once thought of as frail and weak,
instead has made you implore defeat.

Her health sometimes may seem uncertain.
Yet through it all, she has made you a better person.


© Copyright 2011 by Janet Harrold

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. Love your art work too. Special needs children teach us so much about ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I copy the above image "Sometimes those who challenge you most teach you best" to use on my blog sometime? Sometimes I write about Special Needs. Thank you for your beautiful artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Susan, of course you can copy this. I grabbed it from the internet...the copyright is for my poem.

    ReplyDelete