A place to show my love for my granddaughter who lives with Cerebral Palsy and my passion for painting. In an effort of raising awareness for C.P. every painting brush stroke I make on raw canvas is a stroke of love, as I discretely paint a green C.P. awareness ribbon in every piece. Can you find them?
Do you know someone who would like to have a painting done? email www.harrold.janet@gmail.com

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Music to my ears






Move over Liberace... this weekend Natalie, Tom and Hailey went up to New Hampshire to spend the weekend with Natalie’s aunt Christine. They had a great time at the petting zoo, apple picking, and trick or treating. Christine gave Hailey a gift and this one really struck a chord with me. She gave her her very own Baby Grand Piano! Growing up my family didn’t have much, but we did have music, most of my family were self taught musicians. My father played the guitar and the harmonica, my sister played the guitar and my brother played the drums. Coinsidently his son also plays the drums and my uncle went to the New England Conservatory of music. So it was no surprise when my son Tom(Hailey’s daddy) came home and said that he wanted to attend St. Paul’s (better known as The Boston Boy Choir) where he studied music and learned how to play the piano. He later went on to graduate college as a music major. “When Tom played it was intoxicating to me”, there was a sense of calm when he passionately ran his long slender finger’s up and down the keyboard. Due to her Cerebral Palsy I know that Hailey doesn’t have the dexterity in her fingers to play the piano like her dad, but it sure does my heart good to see her play and respond to music the way that she does. It makes me wonder how many of you have children in "Music Therapy" and if you do, how has it helped your child?

No comments:

Post a Comment